Thursday, April 5, 2007

Haircuts!

Now this may not seem like a blog worthy topic but most of you have not seen us for at least 9 months so changing our appearance can be newsworthy. Newsworthy for me (Lis), because I never get "funky" hair cuts- the last one I got was with my friend Heather when we lived in another part of China and she held my hand through it. (well not literally) So, here I am with layers- maybe not a big risk for most of you- but pretty big for me. Also, getting a hair cut here in China can be an even bigger risk because you are dealing with translation issues and cultural differences in what is "beautiful". But, all in all, it was a good experience.





































Here is my cute hubby and his hair cut. About every 6-8 months he gets this urge to shave his head (don't cry Mom Baker). Den doesn't as much have to worry about language miscommunication with this kind of hair cut, but while he was getting his haircut his "stylist" did very bluntly tell him that his hair on top was "hen shao" which means "very little". So, Den is convinced this is the beginning of the end for his hair. (I'm not so sure, but we've included a picture of the aforementioned area for you to decide:) ) He'd still be cute. :)

No comments: