Monday, October 13, 2008

My Minivan

As a mom living here I can sometimes lament that I don't have a minivan where I can strap Will in and he will just sit contentedly as I travel to lets say the grocery store then afterwards strap him in again while I load the groceries in the trunk.  Now I know in reality its probably not as simple as that but when you are traveling home on the subway or the bus or a taxi with squiggly kid and tons of groceries the idea of having a minivan sounds SO nice.  Well, when I set out to buy a new bike I had this in mind- let me introduce you to my china minivan. Will actually sits very contentedly in his bike seat pointing out the cranes he sees (he's very into these and with all the construction going on in this city- they are everywhere).  And I bought the biggest basket I could find to load my groceries in my front "trunk".  Seriously compared to other regular bikes on the street mine looks like a minivan- its huge. :) 

Doesn't Will look cute in his chicken coop helmet. He HATED the helmet at first- would scream whenever I put it on him. (People would look at me like "What are you doing to that child!" mind you most kids here don't wear helmets) But I am happy to say Will has made his peace with the helmet and will wear it without tears.

No comments: